The Chairman of the Presidential Steering Committee on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, on Saturday, April 2, 2022, revised the COVID-19 travel protocol for travellers arriving in Nigeria, scheduled to take effect from Monday, April 4, 2022.
In summary :
- Fully- Vaccinated in-bound travellers arriving in Nigeria are no longer required to carry out a COVID-19 PCR test before boarding Nigeria-bound flights. They will not be required to carry out a Post-arrival PCR test or a Rapid Antigen Test upon arriving in Nigeria.
- Also, Children below the age of 18 years will be accorded the same privileges as persons who are fully vaccinated.
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated inbound travellers will still be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test 48 hours before departure and undergo Days 2 and 7 post-arrival PCR tests at their own cost.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all-inbound passengers must register via the online Nigeria International Travel Portal (NITP– https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng).
Guidelines For Fully Vaccinated Inbound Travellers
- Travellers are not required to provide a preboarding COVID-19 PCR test
- Travellers MUST register via the Nigeria International Travel Portal (NITP– https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng) and fill in the online Health Declaration/Self-Reporting form located on the portal, then download the Permit to Travel Certificate/QR Code.
- Before boarding, travellers are mandated to produce A verifiable full vaccination certificate (with a valid security mark) and a Permit to Travel certificate/QR Code.
Guidelines For Unvaccinated And Partially Inbound Travellers
- Travellers MUST perform a COVID-19 PCR test not more than 2 days (48 hours) before boarding (Rapid antigen or antibody tests are not acceptable; only PCR tests can be used for this purpose)
- Travellers MUST register via the Nigeria International Travel Portal (NITP– https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng) and proceed to fill in the online Health Declaration/Self-Reporting form located on the portal
- Travellers MUST upload their negative COVID-19 PCR test and proceed to the payment section of the travel portal to make payment for their day 2 and day 7 post-arrival COVID-19 PCR Test, then download the Permit to Travel Certificate/QR Code.
- Before boarding, travellers are mandated to produce a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 2 days (48 hours) of departure, and a Permit to Travel Certificate/QR Code, otherwise, they would not be allowed to board.
Travellers are advised to have evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19; comply with the COVID-19 guidelines of their destination or transit countries, and familiarise themselves with the COVID-19 travel requirements of their destination and transit countries before embarking on the journey.
Complete information on the revised covid protocol can be found on the official NCDC Website https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/guideline/ and https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/media/files/Revised_Travel_protocol_revised_2nd_April_2022.pdf
For consultations, new visa applications and renewals contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +234 906 307 0000. Drop your comment or questions in the comment section below.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated with facts and reliable information.