The holiday and the festive season is always a busy time for any country, especially tourist destination countries. No doubt,Dubai is one of the leading tourist destinations in the world. Pre-pandemic, Dubai used to average about 15 million international visitors. But that number has fallen since the pandemic, which is understandable as countries continue to ease and remove restrictions. Still, it got about 7 million international visitors in 2021. With an ambitious tourism strategy in place, they are estimating about 25 million yearly visitors by 2025.
With this, it is no surprise that Dubai Airports has issued a passenger advisory to alert travellers about the busy period. They have been putting travellers to Dubai International (DXB)on alert about how busy the next few weeks of July will be. This is due to schools going on holiday for summer and the incoming Eid Al Adha holidays.
Operators have estimated that about 2.4 million local and international passengers will be passing through DXB between June 24 and July 4. They also stipulated average daily traffic of about 214,000 passengers.
Airport operators believe July 2 will be the busiest day of this period, with an estimated 235,000 passengers. July 8 and 9 are also expected to have similar numbers at airports, thanks to the Eid Al Adha weekend.
How To Beat The Dubai Holiday Rush
Holidays are always a busy season anywhere in the world, and Dubai is no exception. For this reason, Dubai airports have been working with control authorities and commercial and service partners to ensure travellers get the best experience possible.
These are a few tips to help you beat the holiday rush.
- Having the necessary travel documents with you before reaching the airport helps everyone. It is also important to be up to date with the latest information about travel regulations for your intended destination.
- Get familiar with Smart Gates. If you are travelling with your family, it is essential to know that children above 12 can use Smart Gates to increase the passport control process.
- If you are travelling through terminal 3, you can useEmirate’s convenient early and self-service check-in facilities to improve time.
- Those flying out through Terminal 1 are advised to get to the airport 3 hours before departure time. They can also use online check–in when they can to save time.
- You can save time for yourself and everyone else by weighing your luggage at home, arriving prepared for security checks and checking your documents in advance.
- Only public transport and authorized vehicles are allowed access to the arrivals forecourt in Terminal 3. So families and friends need to use the designated valet service or car parks when receiving guests.
- Inside the airport, travellers can take advantage of the various facilities on display. They can relax in lounges, visit restaurants or enjoy duty–free shopping.
- Dubai Metro saves traffic congestion, and those coming from or going to the airport should take advantage. Operation times are increased during the Eid holidays to ensure more people take advantage.
Dubai’s travel performances have improved in the first five months of 2022 compared to 2021. This performance is even more remarkable given that the northern runway was closed for rehabilitation for 45 days.
In the first quarter of 2022, 13.6 million passenger traffic was recorded at the airport. The forecast shows that Dubai’s annual traffic should be doubled from the 29.1 million recorded in 2021 to 58.7 million passengers in 2022.
Dubai is a city of fun, marvel and adventure all year round. The remarkable rise of Dubai to a formidable travel and tourism destination over the last few decades is study-worthy. Whether you want to visit during the holiday season or any time of the year, Afari travels can help make it possible. From valentines in Dubai to Christmas in Dubai or simply exploring all the best tourist attractions in Dubai, we are here for you.
For consultations, new visa applications and renewals contact us at email@example.com or call +234 906 307 0000. Drop your comment or questions in the comment section below.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated with facts and reliable information.
Leave a Reply