Nigerians were in panic months ago after rumours of a visa ban on Nigerians from entering the UAE. Though this was rebuffed by the UAE government, the UAE immigration stopped processing Nigerian passports for UAE Visas. The Nigerian government then retaliated with a ban on Emirates flight from and to Nigeria, you can read more here.
Fast-forward to the good news – the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority released a letter on 7th October 2020 following the approval by the Government of the United Arab Emirates to resume issuance of entry visa to citizens of Nigeria, this was stated in a letter released by the Air Transport Department of UAE on 7th, October 2020.
Emirates Airlines is to resume flight operations to Nigeria effective Friday, 9 October 2020. Furthermore, Nigerians wishing to enter UAE with a visit visa are required to obtain the following documents:
- Valid return ticket;
- Hotel booking or sufficient proof of accommodation address covering the full length of their stay in the United Arab Emirates as per the duration stated in their booking;
- Negative PCR test result obtained within a 96 hours window before departure; and
- Valid health insurance covering the full duration of their stay in the UAE.
What has changed?
Travellers are now required to show
- Prove of issuance of UAE visas before flight & accommodation
- Emirate to execute daily flight for Lagos and Abuja airports
- Maximum of 200 passengers per flight (the new COVID-19 guideline)
- Travel Insurance is required to process visas
Currently, we have observed some challenges on the UAE Immigration portal when applying for Nigerians. At the time of writing this note, we noticed that Nigerian applications are still not been accepted for processing. We think this may have to do with bureaucracies in getting approval and paperwork in the U.A.E government.
However, we have begun accepting and scheduling visa processes.
We are accepting requests for UAE Visa processing, hence we require that all applicants procure Travel Health Insurance (provided by us or any accredited insurance firm) to enable a smooth processing of visas.
Reach us today at [email protected] or call +2349063070000 or send a message through our WhatsApp button below.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated with facts and reliable information.