Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, international travel as we once knew it has changed. Countries around the world are taking precautions as they open their borders to visitors once again. These precautions aims to protect lives and to ensure experience can return to the “new normalcy”. We would be sharing some of the new-normal as you plan your next trip.
Here are some safety protocols for travellers coming or leaving Nigeria.
PRE-DEPARTURE/ONBOARD & ARRIVALS
- Passengers arriving/returning to Nigeria must have tested NEGATIVE for COVID-19.
- Travellers should arrive at the airport 2 – 3 hours before check-in time due to the new COVID-19 safety measures.
- A pre-boarding test (PCR) must be done within 2-weeks to 3-days before departure.
- Onboard, passengers are required to fill in the Health Declaration/Self Reporting form and the Sample Collection Time Allocation form.
- Passengers should know that the information/contact details provided on all forms are correct, verifiable and they can be reached on the phone numbers and address supplied.
- Upon arrival in Nigeria, disembarking of passengers will be done systematically and in batches to avoid overcrowding.
- The Health Declaration form and the sample collection form will be accessed and collected at the health screening point.
- Travellers are requested to keep their face masks on at all times, perform hand hygiene; ensure respiratory/cough etiquette, and always observe and maintain physical distancing measures.
- Non-travelling passengers will not be allowed into the airports.
- Shorter flights may not have meals on the plane.
- Escorts accompanying VIPs will not be allowed into the departure hall, only travelling passengers. At the same time, pick-ups will be done outside the airport and drivers and non-travellers are expected to wait in their vehicles.
- Persons who have arrived in Nigeria are advised to self-isolate for 14-days.
- Passengers will be given an appointment time and date to present themselves at the sample collection centre for a repeat COVID-19 PCR Test within 72 hours of arrival.
We encourage everyone to STAY SAFE & TRAVEL SAFE.
These Guidelines are according to The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated with facts and reliable information.