Get 1-Year 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐌𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐚 and access other European Countries under Schengen such as France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Portugal, Slovenia and more.
Processed within 4-weeks.
Schengen Visa, Why So Important?
Schengen a word which many quickly assume to be Chinese, as it draws memory of the Shenzhen city in China. However, Schengen is actually a Luxembourgish word and the Schengen Area signifies a zone where 26 European countries, abolished their internal borders, for the free and unrestricted movement of people, in harmony with common rules for controlling external borders and fighting criminality by strengthening the common judicial system and police cooperation.
Schengen Area covers most of the EU countries, except Ireland and the countries that are soon to be part of: Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia and Cyprus. Although not members of the EU, countries like: Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Lichtenstein are also part of the Schengen zone.
Countries in Schengen
Although most of the Schengen countries are in the European Union, you should not confuse the Schengen Area with the EU. The 26 Schengen countries are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Currently, Schengen Area consists of 26 member countries. All of these countries are located in Europe, from which:
- 22 members fully implement the Schengen acquis,
- Four of them – members of the EFTA, implement Schengen acquis through specific agreements related to the Schengen agreement.
- Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Lichtenstein are associate members of the Schengen Area but are not members of the EU.
- Monaco, San Marino, and Vatican City have opened their borders with, but are not members of the visa free zone.
- The Azores, Madeira, and the Canary Islands are special members of the EU and part of the Schengen Zone even that they are located outside the European continent.
- There are five more EU members, that have not joined Schengen zone: Ireland – that still maintains opt-outs and Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, and Cyprus – that are seeking to join soon.
Hence, the Schengen Area is the most sorted destination for travels, holiday and migration.
Reach us on WhatsApp or Call us on +234-906-307-0000
For consultations, new visa applications and renewals contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +234 906 307 0000. Drop your comment or questions in the comment section below.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated with facts and reliable information.