On Thursday, March 24, 2022, Singapore’s Ministry of Health (MOH) announced the introduction of a new simplified framework that will allow fully vaccinated travellers to enter Singapore quarantine-free until their departure. This framework, called The Vaccination Travel Framework, will be launched on March 31, 2022, at 1159 hours to facilitate the resumption of travel for all travellers, including travellers with Short-Term Visitors Visas (STVs).
The Ministry of Health announced that countries and regions will be classified into the General Travel Category and The Restricted Category under the new Vaccination Travel Framework. All countries or regions are currently classified under General Travel Category, with no countries under the Restricted Category. However, according to the local and global COVID-19 situation developments, adjustments will be made.
According to the new Vaccination Travel Framework, which begins April 1, 2022:
- All fully vaccinated travellers and non-fully vaccinated children aged 12 and below are permitted to enter Singapore without applying for entry approvals or taking designated Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) transport.
- They must conduct a pre-entry test within 2 days before departure for Singapore.
- They will no longer be required to serve a Stay-Home Notice (SHN) or undergo an unsupervised
Partially and Unvaccinated Travellers
- Partially and unvaccinated travellers aged 13 and above, including Long-Term Pass Holders (LTPHs) and Short-Term Visitors (STVs), are generally not allowed to enter Singapore, except for the following groups:
- Long Term Pass Holders (LTPHS) are medically ineligible for vaccines.
- Long Term Pass Holders (LTPHS) aged 13 to 17, subject to the appropriate measures
- Long Term Pass Holders (LTPHS) and Short-Term Visitors (STVs) with other valid entry approval (e.g., for compassionate reasons).
- They must take a Pre-entry COVID-19 Test within 2 days before departure for Singapore.
- Undergo a 7-day Stay at Home Notice (SHN).
- Take a PCR COVID-19 test at the end of their SHN period.
The Ministry of Health has also advised foreign visitors to Singapore to maintain good personal hygiene, monitor their health and follow appropriate safety management measures upon arrival in the country.
As a result, effective April 1, 2022, fully vaccinated travellers and unvaccinated children 12 years of age and younger will be able to enter Singapore without quarantine but with a pre-departure COVID-19 screening. They will no longer need to apply for entry approvals or take designated VTL transport to enter.
For consultations, new visa applications and renewals contact us at email@example.com or call +234 906 307 0000. Drop your comment or questions in the comment section below.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated with facts and reliable information.